Bulimia /Binge Eating
- Identification of binge eating disorder and binge eating behavior
- Psychoeducation regarding the physiological, emotional, genetic, and cognitive underpinnings of binge eating disorder
- Cognitive-behavioral treatment of binge eating disorder; the only empirically validated and most clinically effective treatment for binge eating behaviors
- Problem solving training for relapse prevention
- Behavioral training for dealing with “trigger” foods
It is important to note that general/nonspecific psychotherapy is typically not enough to effectively reduce and/or eliminate binge eating behavior. Similarly, talking about “why” you binge, while helpful in terms of understanding the behavior, is not effective in and of itself in stopping the behavior and preventing the behavior from recurring. Dr. Brad Saks can teach skills to understand and stop binge eating behavior now as well as skills that will allow you to prevent or minimize recurrences in the future.